An opportunity has arisen to work for Blues...
Position: Part Time Receptionist / Administrator
Reporting to: Club Secretary
Job purpose: To provide an effective reception for the football club, dealing with all switchboard and visitor enquiries. To carry out specific administration duties and assist with general football administration duties.
Working hours: 1pm-5.30pm, Monday – Friday and weekday evening match cover (generally some Tuesdays or occasional Friday's), paid as additional hours. There will also be some Saturday home fixtures to cover holiday.
- Answering all incoming calls and taking messages as required, and dealing with any queries or faults relating to the switchboard or telephone system
- Greeting all visitors in a friendly manner, dealing with their nature of enquiry and ensuring they sign the visitors book as appropriate
- Keep the reception tidy and organised, ensuring all information on display is current
- Assisting the Club Secretary with football administration
- Take receipt of all deliveries, log them and ensure their timely collection
- Take and organise requirements for bookings for all meetings and organise the room schedule
- Ensure the staff holiday and sickness calendar is kept up to date
- Organise and arrange all stationery orders
- General typing and administration for office staff
- Take delivery of the daily post, open and date stamp it and circulate as required and organise and frank all outgoing post as required, producing a daily post sheet
- Deal with work experience requests including interviewing, supervising, delegating work and the completion of Health and Safety Forms
- Organise data input for external organisations including schedules and performance reports, which are time sensitive
- Organise group and individual hotel bookings including the arranging of travel and meals
- Logging requests for player appearances and producing a monthly calendar and spreadsheet
- Collating complimentary ticket requests and car park lists for matchdays
- Requesting scout tickets and confirming all incoming scout tickets
- Sending information to match officials ensuring that they have confirmed their attendance
- Requesting monies when appropriate ensuring that the appropriate documentation is completed and that the paperwork is signed by the recipient.
- Maintaining contact databases
Skills and experience required:
- Experience of working a switchboard and managing a reception is essential
- Experience of Word, Excel and Data Processing software is essential, together with good IT skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both customer facing and over the telephone
- Excellent organisational skills
- A confident telephone manner
- The ability to work under pressure and multi task
- To be self motivated
- The ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
A covering letter and CV will need to be sent to Amanda Balcomb at Southend United Football Club, Roots Hall, Victoria Avenue, Southend on Sea, Essex, SS2 6NQ, or alternatively via e-mail at email@example.com.
Two written references will be required.
Southend United is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment. Southend United is also an Equal Opportunities’ Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 22nd March 2017.