Southend United are looking to recruit a full-time kit manager, holding the responsibility for the club's first team and U21’s.
The post holder will be in charge of the club's kit requirements and this will include both matchday and training.
This will include being in charge of preparing the matchday kits from U21’s to first team level. This involves making sure that all the kit is sufficiently washed, dried and folded ready to go out for matches.
As part of matchday duties, the post holder be in charge of managing the kit and also ensure that all of the equipment required for matches is available at each game.
- To manage the club's kit requirements, ensuring that all day-to-day duties are completed.
- To deal with the first team management and staff's kit requirements, attending staff meetings that require the kit department to have an input into the day-to-day running of the training ground.
- To organise kit distribution. This will involve communicating with the first team manager and preparing a strategy for this task to be completed efficiently.
- To be responsible for kit stock levels; this will include regular stock checks. > The ordering of kit, providing information on quantities, sizes etc.
- Ensure the correct kit and equipment are provided for all home and away games.
- To work in the laundry room; this will include washing, drying, folding and putting away kits from training and matches. This is to be done to a high standard as required by the club.
- The post holder will work all first team and U21’s home and away fixtures and will be responsible for ensuring that all match kits are clean and readily available for each match.
- On a day to day basis you will need to ensure that all first team squad are prepared and that they have everything they require for training, this will require you to continually communicate with the coaches and staff about their needs for training each day.
- As Kit Manager you will be expected to maintain high standards of work, keeping the whole work area of the department clean, neat, tidy and organised. This will include occasional sweeping and general tidying of the kit and boot rooms.
- To undertake their responsibilities with full knowledge of the importance of confidentiality and the club's relevant policies.
Main job requirements and person specification:
Education/Qualifications (or internationally recognised equivalent)/Training:
- GCSE standard (or equivalent)
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- At least two years' experience as a kit man/woman
- Organisation, commitment, enthusiasm and passion
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Hard Working
- Ability to work well individually and within a team environment
- Social skills and communication skills
- IT literate
- Good timekeeping skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Experience in the role and in football
To apply for the position, please email your CV and a covering letter before 7th July 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.