An opportunity has arisen to work at Southend United.
Southend United are seeking an enthusiastic Sales Executive to support the Commercial department in establishing new income for the Club.
Following promotion back to Sky Bet League 1 there is a feel good factor around the Club and the area of Southend.
Hours 9am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday, match days and occasional evenings as required.
£16,000 per annum
Plus 10% of all sales, earning potential uncapped
As soon as possible
To be arranged on application
- Driven to succeed and exceed expectations
- Ability to work independently
- 2+ years of relevant sales experience
- Professional and presentable
- Attention to detail
- Experience in use of using a CRM sales system
- A good and natural networker
- Well connected in the Southend / South Essex business community
- Driving licence with own car
Reporting to the Commercial Manager and Commercial Director the Sales Executive will be responsible for driving new income for the Club through sponsorship, advertising, non match-day and hospitality.
- Identify new prospects to arrange calls and meetings with businesses from across Southend and Essex
- To work alongside the Commercial team to ensure the Club maximises revenues for the facilities available at Roots Hall
- To represent Southend United Football Club in a professional manner
- To actively grow the client base and increase revenues
- To support match day operations
- To make full use of the Club’s new commercial brochure and website material to showcase the opportunities for companies to become associated with the biggest sports club in Essex
Main duties / key activities:
- To sell the Clubs corporate matchday and non matchday packages including sponsorship, advertising, hospitality and events
- Ensure that all completed sales are passed to the Commercial Administrator
- To develop new business via various means including cold calling, referrals, social media, internet and networking to ensure the Clubs CRM system is updated
- To provide weekly progress and sales report to the Commercial Manager and Commercial Director
- To support the Commercial department in identifying additional income areas from events including End of Season Gala Dinner and Golf Day
- Utilising the Club’s fan base to promote and sell mascot and 12th man packages
A covering letter and CV outlining relevant success will need to be sent to Danny Macklin, Commercial Director at Southend United Football Club, Roots Hall, Victoria Avenue, Southend on Sea, Essex, SS2 6NQ, alternatively via e-mail to email@example.com
Two written references will be required.
Southend United is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment. Southend United is also an Equal Opportunities’ Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Interviews will take place as required during this application process.