An exciting opportunity has come up to work for Southend United Football Club
Southend United is looking to recruit a full time Sales & Marketing Manager.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Sales & Marketing Manager will be responsible for all marketing in order to develop existing and create new revenue streams for Southend United. The postholder will also Line Manager the Ticket Office. This is a varied position but will predominantly oversee CRM, Ticketing, Affinity, Creative and Young Supporter related activities, and assisting with sales.
Details of the position include:
• Implement the CRM strategy for Southend United.
• To ensure that the Club maximises the use of the CRM system
• To oversee and line manage the Ticket Office, ensuring excellent customer service
• To actively grow the affinity range of products and increase revenues
• To assist in developing the Lottery scheme for the club to maximise revenues
• To manage loyalty & membership schemes within the Club, ensuring a link into the CRM strategy and maximum financial returns.
• Oversees all market research, reporting and customer surveys
• Support the development of the key brand messages of SUFC and implement across marketing materials.
• To ensure that the Club has a consistent corporate identity throughout its marketing messages.
• To assist in developing and running marketing initiatives for attracting children to Southend United in conjunction with the Community Trust.
• To be the liaison between Commercial and the Community Trust.
• To oversee, manage and develop children’s membership schemes.
• To identify new markets, products and services through regular research and awareness of trend.
MAIN DUTIES/KEY ACTIVITIES
• To manage the CRM and ticketing system and ensure integration with other Club systems in order that it becomes one central view of the customer
• To provide sales support and assistance to the Commercial Department
• To ensure new users are trained in the CRM system and that new processes are in place which support the strategy and data capture
• To oversee and drive the quality and quantity of customer data on the CRM system
• To regularly produce customer newsletters and distribute
• To ensure that the relevant company employees are fully aware of the CRM strategy and why it is important
• Ensure that the Club complies with the relevant data protection legislation.
• To oversee the training schedule for the CRM system
• To provide regular data reports detailing weekly changes of all data types
• To ensure continued development of the system aligned with the development of the Club’s CRM strategy.
• Provide research and reports detailing relevant management information on a regular and ad-hoc basis, e.g. highlighting opportunities for further sales
• To oversee the management of the Ticket Office and ensure that all effective controls are in place and excellent customer service
• Oversee the capture of corporate data to ensure a healthy sales pipeline is created.
• To produce ticketing reports, analysis and recommendations for increased sales.
• To ensure effective online marketing of all products and support effective analysis of website analytics
• Work closely with sales and media to facilitate an integrated approach
• To oversee, promote and sell the full range of affinity products of the Club in order to maximise revenue.
• Provide data marketing support to the Ticket Office staff so aid specific campaigns, e.g. outbound calling of lapsed season ticket holders.
• On matchdays to deliver the required role as instructed and agreed prior to the start of the season or before any specific match
• To analyse the website statistics in order to understand customer use and develop ideas for improved marketing via the website.
• To develop new marketing campaign material for all products and services on a timely basis
• To oversee marketing straplines and corporate identity guidelines to ensure that consistent materials are produced in all areas of the Club.
• To provide a central service to all departments to oversee marketing literature
• To assist in creation and running of Junior Blues schemes.
• To co-ordinate Fan marketing campaigns
• To attend liaison meetings with the Community Trust to develop an promote opportunities for joint initiatives.
• Directly assist Community Trust in marketing the Trust and their related activities not limited to but including soccer schools, school related activity and assisting in identifying opportunities for CSR sponsorship
• Take on the role and responsibilities of the Club’s Supporter Liaison Officer as defined within the Football League’s Regulations
An attractive salary is on offer and all interested applications should send a covering letter and CV to: Helen Norbury, Club Secretary, Southend United Football Club, Roots Hall, Victoria Avenue, Southend on Sea, SS2 6NQ, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two written references will be required.
All employees of the Club must adhere to the rules and regulations of the Football League and Football Association and not knowingly do anything or omit to do anything, which will cause the Club to be in breach of the Laws of the Game, the Rules of the Football Association or the Rules and Regulations of the Football League.
Southend United is a best practice employer and is committed to inclusion and anti-discrimination and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share these commitments. Staff should understand the Club’s Equality and Safeguarding Policies, procedures and best practice guidelines and use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to an environment that is free of discrimination, bullying and harassment.