A vacancy within the Club's Community and Educational Trust department has become available
Post Title: Trust Office Administrator
Salary: £15,000 per annum
Based at: Roots Hall Stadium, Southend on Sea, SS2 6NQ
Responsible to: Chief Executive of the Trust
Contract Period: Permanent
Principal Purpose of Job
To provide administrative support for the Trust in order to ensure effective delivery of various
Community Programmes, and the effective day to day running of the office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To act as the central administrator for Southend Utd Community & Educational Trust and to be responsible for the upkeep of the office.
2. To ensure effective administrate systems are in place and adhered to.
3. To provide typing, reprographic and general administrative services for the Trust.
4. To ensure that all staff are aware of the Trust’s policies and procedures and that the staff handbook remains up to date.
5. To be responsible for the induction of new staff and volunteers.
6. Ensure staff files are up to date and staff DBS / CRC checks are completed (training to be provided).
7. To be responsible for the ordering and handling of resources for the Trust.
8. To prepare statistical returns of attendance and costings as requested by the Chief Executive.
9. Lead on VIEWS and Fluxx (monitoring and evaluation systems) ensuring information is collated efficiently and data entry is up to date.
10. To be responsible for liaising with the payroll provider, Inc providing payroll summary and expenses claims - prepare Payroll for CEO to sign off, weekly and monthly.
11. To ensure grant income is claimed and properly accounted for.
12. To be responsible for banking any monies as required.
13. Administer relevant invoices in to expenditure file, including use of Sage Line 50.
14. Monitoring of project files – monthly checks against target numbers and spend.
15. Prepare and distribute relevant invoices in conjunction with senior staff and petty cash claims for the Trust, for CEO to sign off.
16. Preparing cheques for CEO to sign off.
17. To be responsible for the administration of the Senior Shrimpers Project.
18. To ensure Staff match ticket requests are processed in accordance with SUFC guidelines.
19. To liaise with SUFC in order to utilise club resources such as player appearances, marketing and branding, match tickets and fan base.
20. To identify risks within personal objectives, using resources effectively and efficiently and safe guarding assets.
21. To undertake training and continuous professional development as necessary relevant to the post and further career advancement.
In addition the post holder must be familiar and comply with all relevant Health and Safety, Management of Risk, Operational, Personnel, Data Protection and Financial Regulations policies and procedures.
To keep records of financial spend and maintain records, statistics and information, both quantitative and qualitative, for monitoring purposes and contribute to the on-going development of the organisation.
The post holder will be required to work some evening and weekends as the requirements of the job demands
To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time commensurate with the grade of the post.
Southend United Community and Educational Trust is a Best Practice Employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It expects all staff and employees to share this commitment. Staff should understand the Trust’s safeguarding policy, procedures and best practice guidelines and use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to an environment that is free of bullying and harassment. Employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure and two written references.
Southend United Community and Educational Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer.
To apply for the post, please complete a SUCET application form and send with an attached C.V to Dale Spiby, Southend United Community & Educational Trust, Roots Hall, Victoria Ave, Southend on Sea, SS2 6NQ.
Application closing date: 5pm 31st January 2014
Interview date: week commencing: 3rd February 2014