Southend United are looking for two part-time receptionists/administrators to work at Roots Hall Stadium
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Southend United Football Club for two Part Time Receptionist /Administrators based at Roots Hall.
We are looking to recruit two part time Receptionist / Administrators with the ability to manage and coordinate a busy reception. The role will involve operating the switchboard, being the first point of contact to all customer enquiries and carrying out administration duties. A full Job Description is attached.
We are looking for two hardworking, highly motivated individuals who are able to deal with the demands of working within a football club. The role will require excellent customer service, good IT skills and excellent organisational and communication skills. Candidates should have at least two years experience of working within an office environment, operating a switchboard and managing a reception.
Applicants must be able to work under pressure, have a confident telephone manner and the ability to multi task and use their own initiative. A First Aid for Work qualification would be beneficial.
All employees of the Club must adhere to the rules and regulations of the Football League and Football Association and not knowingly do anything or omit to do anything which will cause the Club to be in breach of the Laws of the Game, the Rules of the Football Association or the Rules and Regulations of the Football League.
Southend United is a best practice employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment. Staff should understand the Club’s Safeguarding Policy, procedures and best practice guidelines and use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to an anti-bullying environment. Southend United is also an Equal Opportunities’ Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Two written references will be required.
We are recruiting for two part time positions, and the hours are either 9 am to 1.30 pm, or 1 pm to 5.30 pm, plus both candidates would be required to work alternate matchdays
An attractive salary is on offer and all interested applications should send a covering letter and CV to: Helen Norbury at Southend United Football Club, Roots Hall, Victoria Avenue, Southend on Sea, SS2 6NQ, or email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 7 February 2014.
Position: Part time Receptionist / Administrator
Reporting to: Club Secretary
Job Purpose: To provide an effective reception for the football club, dealing with all switchboard and visitor enquiries. To carry out specific administration duties and assist with general football administration duties.
- answering all incoming calls and taking messages as required, and dealing with any queries or faults relating to the switchboard or telephone system
- greeting all visitors in a friendly manner, dealing with their nature of enquiry and ensuring they sign the visitors book as appropriate
- keeping the reception tidy and organised, ensuring all information on display is current
- assisting the Club Secretary with football administration
- taking receipt of all deliveries, log them and ensure their timely collection
- taking and organising requirements for bookings for all meetings and organising the room schedule
- ensuring the staff holiday and sickness calendar is kept up to date
- organising and arranging all stationery orders
- general typing and administration for office staff
- taking delivery of the daily post and circulating as required, and dealing with all the outgoing post, including logging on the post sheet
- dealing with and organising all Trident work placements, including interviewing, supervising, delegating work and the completion of Health and Safety Forms
- organising data input for external organisations including schedules and performance reports, which are time sensitive
- organising group and individual hotel bookings including the arranging of travel and meals
- logging requests for player appearances and producing a monthly calendar and spreadsheet
- collating complimentary ticket requests and car park lists for matchdays
- requesting scout tickets and confirming all incoming scout tickets
- sending information to match officials ensuring that they have confirmed their attendance
- requesting monies when appropriate ensuring that the appropriate documentation is completed and that the paperwork is signed by the recipient.
- maintaining contact databases
Skills and experience required:
- experience of working a switchboard and managing a reception is essential
- experience of Word, Excel and Data Processing software is essential, together with good IT skills
- excellent customer service and communication skills, both customer facing and over the telephone
- excellent organisational skills
- a confident telephone manner
- the ability to work under pressure and multi task
- to be self motivated
- the ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
Two written references will be required.
Southend United is a best practice employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment. Staff should understand the Club’s Safeguarding Policy, procedures and best practice guidelines and use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to an environment that is free of bullying and harassment. The position may require completion of a satisfactory DBS Disclosure and registration with the DBS Update Service. Southend United is also an Equal Opportunities’ Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.