Southend United Community and Educational Trust are offering 16-17 year olds the opportunity to take part in this summer’s NCS Project.
NCS is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that helps you build your skills for work and life, whilst you take on new challenges and meet new friends.
It is a programme of activities and challenges for 16-17 year olds that will support them to develop the skills and attitudes they need to become more engaged with their communities and become active and responsible citizens. The aim of NCS is to give participants the opportunity to get ahead by having fresh experiences and learning new skills that are valuable to employers and further education organisations, such as leadership and team building. It is also a chance to have fun and meet other young people in a safe and structured environment.
The programme consists of 5 sections, over 20 days (Mon - Fri)
- An action packed 5 day residential at JCA Outdoor Education Centre – Condover Hall, Shrewsbury
- A 5 day residential locally, mastering new skills
- A week learning about the community and planning a social action project
- A week delivering your social action project
- A graduation event (date TBC)
The standard price of the programme is just £50 which includes:
- Both residential trips, inclusive of food, travel and accommodation at the outdoor education centres
- A range of learning and development opportunities
- A Graduation Ceremony
Participants must attend for the duration of the programme and we have space for 30 young people, allocated on a first come, first served basis. Accommodation will be in single sex facilities.
How to Apply
To apply for one of these limited places, please click here download the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to:
Southend United Community and Educational Trust
Roots Hall Stadium
Southend on Sea
If you have any further questions about NCS or any other education programme please contact the Education Team on 01702 341351, visit www.southendunited-cet.co.uk or email Education@southendunited-cet.co.uk