Jack Payne and Mitchell Pinnock up for LFE Goal of the Month
Jack Payne and Mitchell Pinnock of Blues' under-18 side have been nominated for the League Football Education's November Goal of the Month.
Six superb goals are included in League Football Education’s November Goal of the Month competition. The competition features the best goals from Academy players at Football League clubs up and down the land. Charlton Athletic full-back Levander Pyke’s stunning 25-yard strike against Brighton took the honours for October. This month half a dozen of his peers are fighting it out to be named a Goal of the Month winner.
The contenders for November are:
• GOAL A: Nathan Ferguson, DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE v Gillingham, 03/11/12
• GOAL B: Wilfried Gnahore, Barnsley v NOTTINGHAM FOREST, 03/11/12
• GOAL C: Jack Payne, Leyton Orient v SOUTHEND UNITED, 03/11/12
• GOAL D: Mitchell Pinnock, Leyton Orient v SOUTHEND UNITED, 03/11/12
• GOAL E: Josh Thomas, Huddersfield Town v NOTTINGHAM FOREST, 17/11/12
• GOAL F: Daniel Chambers, HULL CITY v York City, 24/11/12
LFE Chief Executive, Alan Sykes said:
“This competition is popular with our apprentices, clubs and the general public. It is packed with quality goals and continues to be a great advertisement of the work being conducted right across the Football League to develop talented young players.”
To watch and vote for your goal of the month please visit the League Football Education Website at www.lfe.org.uk/goal-of-the-month
, voting will remain open until noon on 18 December.