Academy Trial Information
U/6 –U/16 Academy Trials at the Southend United Academy
We have a large scouting network with scouts watching games and tournaments in and around London and Essex Area
Should a player wish to be considered for an Academy trial, Players will need to complete the attached form
(in full) and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Southend United Football Club
Roots Hall Football Ground
Southend on Sea
Essex, SS2 6NQ
All correspondence received will be acknowledged within 14 days
What Happens Next ?
• On receipt of the application form, the recruitment team will make a decision as to whether to send a scout to watch a game or whether to invite the player into one of our regional development centres.
• If the scout/development coaches feels that the player has shown potential to play at Academy level, the player will be invited in for a trial with Southend United Academy
• The trial will last for a maximum of six weeks during which time the player will train and play with the current registered players in their age group.
• During the players trial period the player will be monitored by the age group coach, head of coaching and the recruitment staff.
• A decision will be made within three to six weeks whether to sign the player as registered player or to offer the player a regular place
*Please note application forms will not be accepted if parental consent has not be given.
** Applications for players over the age of under 16, will not be accepted