We write to invite you to attend a public exhibition to view the emerging proposals for revised plans relating to the relocation of Southend United Football Club (SUFC) to Fossetts Farm, Eastern Avenue, Southend-on-Sea.
The relocation of the Club to Fossetts Farm may not be new news to you, the scheme whilst similar in content to previous approved plans has been amended, including additional Community facilities. The development forms part of wider plans by Martin Dawn plc to construct a new football stadium for Southend United. Martin Dawn plc is in advanced discussions with British Land plc to forward fund the retail development and which will facilitate the first phase of the new stadium.
British Land plc is the UK’s largest listed owner and manager of retail space and a market leader in the design and development of Shopping Parks. Their skill is to create environments which support today’s work and leisure lifestyles… providing a perfect ‘neighbour’ for the Clubs plans.
The public exhibition will be held on Friday the 23rd and Saturday 24th of October 2015 in the Blues Lounge at Roots Hall Stadium, Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 6NQ. Please note free parking will be available at the ground on both dates.
- The consultation on Friday the 23rd of October will be between 2pm to 8pm.
- The consultation on Saturday 24th of October will be between 10am and 2pm.
The scheme will deliver a new 21,000 seat stadium incorporating a 131 bed hotel and residential development, an 11-12 screen cinema, retail and restaurant floorspace together with related ancillary infrastructure at Fossetts Farm. In addition, two soccer domes will be developed, one for use by the community including Cecil Jones Academy and one for Southend United Football Club for training purposes and to aid the Club's Academy aspirations in developing young talent for the future.
Please come along to the consultation. There will be both professional personnel, coordinating the application, and members of the Clubs Commercial Team to discuss the plans and answer questions.
We look forward to welcoming you on one of the above days.
Please click here
to view the masterplan.
- Creation of hundreds of new jobs
- New and enhanced facilities for the community to enjoy
- New conference and events facilities – bringing new business to Southend and Essex as a whole from national and international companies
- A stadium capacity of 21,000 seats including 1,750 hospitality places and 138 wheelchair positions
- Ability to attract new investment to the area
- Increase in visitor numbers to Southend
- Conveniently located near London Southend Airport and mainline train station
- Excellent transportation links to A127, A13, A12 and M25
- Extensive non matchday conference & events facilities
- 131 bedroom hotel
- 240 residential units with separate car parking
- Two Soccer Domes – increasing the Club’s ability to reach out to our community and schools with daily football and lifestyle courses and programmes
- 35 retail units
- Ten restaurants
- 12 screen state of the art Cineworld Cinema
- 1,000 retail, leisure and cinema car park spaces
- 830 matchday car park spaces
The provision of the above will play a key role in the continued development of the town, the county, the region.